Am 21.11.2015 um 18:33 schrieb Matwey V. Kornilov:
> 21.11.2015 15:59, Andreas Färber пишет:

>>> One possibility instead of choosing a different filename, use a different
>>> directory name, e.g.:
>>> /boot/dtb-4.3.0-geiger-cape/*dtb
>>> or
>>> /boot/dtb-4.3.0/geiger-cape/*dtb
>
> I would like to keep %{version} for directory name and %{ftd_flavour}
> for file name.

Where are you taking those variables from? It's %{kernel_version} and
%{kernel_release} in dtb-source, and $ftdfile in U-Boot.

>> That still leaves the question of how to get that directory into
>> extlinux.conf - it can no longer be inferred from the kernel then.
>>
>> If the answer is hand-editing FDTDIR, then on the perl-bootloader side
>> we only need to assure that on add/remove operations it does not
>> override such local changes.
>
> This is hard to achieve. Sure, entry may be marked as 'manual' and keep
> untouched but I am not sure how this Yast-magic works in real life.

Where would we need to mark it? Reinstalling my kernel-lpae package did
not modify my extlinux.conf at all...

>> Do we have any actual example of such a cape dtb package that's not
>> self-made? I encountered and dropped some binary .dtb files in
>> raspberrypi-firmware package, other than that I am not aware of any.
>> And when self-made, doesn't that involve having a modified kernel-source
>> package?
>
> Not necessary. I may enable UART number N or change pin multiplexing for
> BBB just editing (patching) .dts file, and this operation is safe. I
> don't need recompile the kernel.

My point was that .dts files are in kernel-source. So either you need a
patch in kernel-source, which leads to a differing %{kernel_release}, or
you have a patch in a dtb-source. If you locally patch a .dts file
that's what I meant with "self-made".

Regards,
Andreas

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton; HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)