Freek,

Am 20.12.2015 um 18:17 schrieb Freek de Kruijf:
> The latest update to kernel 4.3.0 for RPi1 ruined the system. It does not
> start anymore. The error message on the screen said:
> File not found dtb.bcm2835-rpi-b.dtb

I assume that was a typo: dtb/bcm2835-rpi-b.dtb?

1) It was reported, e.g. for Cubietruck, that the dtb symlink was
missing. Dirk and me have fixed that during Hackweek (a missing
coreutils dependency for ln -s in my %post scriptlet) - in Factory now.

2) In my raspberrypi-firmware thread I reported update installation
problems with missing dtb-bcm2835 package files. Reinstalling the
package via zypper in -f helped. If you can no longer boot with a manual
U-Boot command line to do so, you can also download the .rpm file on
another machine and extract the .dtb with file-roller (or whatever) to
your SD card.

Regards,
Andreas

GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham Norton; HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)