Le 17/02/2016 18:41, Andreas Färber a écrit :
Am 17.02.2016 um 15:53 schrieb Alexander Graf:
On 02/17/2016 03:47 PM, Andreas Färber wrote:
Am 17.02.2016 um 11:00 schrieb Guillaume Gardet:
Any kernel config update related to initramfs?
Not that I'm aware of, no.

Alex already pointed to tmpfs vs. ramfs as the most likely cause here;
It's not the cause, it's a workaround. We used to use tmpfs before as
well, but then our initrd grew so much that it didn't fit anymore and so
now the only way to get it extracted is to use ramfs.
My point was that if changing to ramfs works then the addresses are OK.

The real cause is that the kiwi initrd grew too big.
The initrd does not magically grow, so there must be some deeper cause.
The 4.4 kernel submission is already some weeks back, so either updated
Tumbleweed packages pull in new dependencies or there was a Kiwi update
(we had a fork with patches some weeks ago, now it's inherited again) or
our JeOS definitions changed - or maybe nobody tested BBB images for
some time.

512 MB Raspberry Pi 1 B/B+ is armv6hl and thus has less kernel modules,
while BBB is probably one of the lowest RAM armv7hl JeOS images built so
noticing memory problems first.

Matwey previously brought up the question of whether Kiwi's initrd
stripping hooks are actually called - he reported it didn't work in
September: http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-arm/2015-09/msg00054.html

Marcus, how could we tell kiwi to remove some things from initrd?

For example, some libs and some kernel drivers?

Guillaume

Regards,
Andreas