Op dinsdag 16 februari 2016 11:18:46 schreef Freek de Kruijf:

> > > This is probably because we no longer use ramfs as the rootfs type,
> > > since
> > > setting that breaks the image on second boot.
> > >
> > > I see 3 realistic options out of this:
> > >   1) Patch the kernel to use ramfs by default instead of tmpfs when ram
> > >   is
> > >
> > > less than 2G.
> > >
> > >   2) Add another layer of abstraction and move the initrd fs into an
> > >   actual
> > >
> > > file system we loop mount. This is how the installer initrd works.
> > >
> > >   3) Patch kiwi to add fstype=ramfs on first boot only.
> >
> > Tried Build374.2 from the above repository today. Same initial error
> > message. After that other error messages than previously.
>
> Tried JeOS Build375.2 from 2016-02-16. Needed to change boot.script, but
> same result as with Build374.3.

Tried Build375.4. Needed to add rootfstype=ramfs, NOT fstype=ramfs as given
above, to the boot line. After that, NO error messages anymore. After a while
the system hangs with a message about a reboot, however the lights about an
Ethernet connections are on, but it did not get an IP address.
Inspection of the partitions on the SD card shows that a fourth swap partition
has been added at the end of SD card and the third partition has been
extended, so all the memory on the card is available for data.

PROBLEM is that after power down and power up nothing happens. The HDMI device
connected does not get a signal, so it still shows no connected device. Also
the lights of the Ethernet port remain dark. Something on the SD card does not
indicate a bootable device anymore.

Putting back the image on the SD card and making the change in boot.script and
the mkimage command gives an active device again. It shows an initial boot and
a second boot, showing Tux. At the end, the message about a reboot, which does
not happen.

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE