On Wed, Mar 01, 2006 at 12:56:09AM +0100, Azerion wrote:
> > Again, I have no real experience with XML, so I have no idea how to get
> > to what you are talking about above.
> >

> > houghi
>
> I dont have that neither:
>
> The key is to prevent double info. Things that don't change have to be in the
> top of the structure. It is stupid to have a line about the FTP-address every
> time while it is clear that the skynet-tree -always- uses ftp.skynet.be.
>
> This:
> 10.0
>       ftp
>               ftp.skynet.be
>                       /pub/suse/distribution/
>                               i386
>                               i586
> 10.1
>       ftp
>               ftp.skynet.be
>                       /pub/suse/distribution/
>                               i386
>                               i586
>
> Can also be written as:

> ftp.skynet.be
>       ftp
>               /pub/suse/distribution/
>                       10.0
>                               i386
>                               i586
>                       10.1
>                               i386
>                               i586
>
> As you can see, the 2nd does contain the same information but it is more
> effective. It is still logical if you 'read' the tree, so it is not a hard
> way to code it this way.
>
> (that last one could be    ->386 and under that 10.0 and 10.1 but that would
> make it a lot harder to code/use and then 10.0 and 10.1 would be repeated in
> i586 and i686 anyway. Choices have to be made, solutions have to be found.)
>
> Don't have a lot of time at the moment but will have in a while (1 or 2
> weeks). Maybe can design a structure that does the job nicely :D

That would be nice. Remember that with what you propose it will be:

ftp.skynet.be
      ftp
              /pub/suse/distribution/
                      10.0
                              i386
                              i586
                      10.1
                              i386
                              i586
ftp.skynet.be
      http
              /pub/suse/distribution/
                      10.0
                              i386
                              i586
                      10.1
                              i386
                              i586
ftp.skynet.be
      rsync
              /pub/suse/distribution/
                      10.0
                              i386
                              i586
                      10.1
                              i386
                              i586

ftp.example.org
      ftp
              /pub/suse/distribution/
                      10.0
                              i386
                              i586
                      10.1
                              i386
                              i586

The problem I have with deciding what the best order is, is that a lot of
the data is double.

houghi
und Arbeit,  und das Sein wichtiger als das Tun
                                        - Johannes Müller-Elmau