Hello,

> I'd like to add to this that I just tried to add factory to rug:
>
> rug sa --type=yum
> http://mirrors.kernel.org/opensuse/distribution/SL-OSS-factory/inst-source/suse
>
> factory
>
> The progress bar stopped at 33% - but my harddisk, cpu and ram (512 megs)
> consumption ran amok - using at a time all my 500 megs of swap - I powered
> off after 20 minutes as I couldn't get it to stop - not even
> ctrl+alt+backspace would do it.

Actually, also here it stays at 33% for a long time -- until it has
processed/downloaded all meta data (I have 1 GB RAM, which is almost
completely used by zmd/rug and friends.).

> The urls for yast and rug seem to be different as rug needs the last /suse -
> wonder if this has any relevance.

Without /suse is the Yast package manager format (I think the format it
is the same as with older SUSEs), with /suse it is the YUM format. I
think Yast can also read Yum. I don't know whether zmd/rug can process
the YaST package format...
(I actually lost track at some point after 10.0beta.)

Tobias