On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 09:46:25PM +0100, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> Azerion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Especially the last one I really don't want to see. I want 10.1 out, I
> > really
>
> So do I ;-)
>
> > do. When I got beta3 I thought that it would be out in a month or so. I was
> > on the edge everytime to see new things and see the improvements, so I am
> > not
> > lay back about the release. But the problems have to be solved before 10.1
> > is
> > released. Otherwise I really have a -1 for SUSE Linux, despite my 100%
> > fan-status.
>
> I'm currently trying to get an overview of where we are with SUSE
> Linux 10.1.  If you have issues that you consider real showstoppers,
> please tell them here publically - with bugzilla numbers if possible.
> I'll read everything but won't have time to comment on it in as much
> details as appropriate - but will look at them.
>
> The areas that are already on the top of my list and that I evaluate
> now are in a nutshell:
> * Handling of patches and packages in libzypp, yast, rug, zmd, zen-updater
I think most critical here is the online updater. I would be _very_
glad, if SUSEwatcher (or whatever) would still be there as a fallback
solution.

In my opinion there should also still be a working fallback solution
for the package-manager without zmd, as

killall -9 zmd
killall -9 system-update
rpm -Uvh *