On Wed, 2006-07-12 at 11:43 +0200, jdd wrote:
> Andreas Jaeger wrote:
>
> > Let's not discuss "we need this pattern as well" - but let's discuss
> > and agree on the general framework
>
> this seems very promising
>
>   and then let's discuss adding
> > further patterns.
>

> on this respect, it would be very interesting to have an
> utility (boot floppy or cd, like memtest) that do a hardware
> check and report; The same thing that is done at install
> time, but without the installer, just check. May be say
> "your computer is ready for Linux", or "this part can be a
> problem".

Very good idea, but have it as a separate download so people can check
their system before they download the larger images ( CD's/DVD images)
or purchase the package at retail. This way they can make an informed
decision before hand and not come back upset because they didn't know
something would not work.

--
Ken Schneider