Hi,

Christoph Thiel schrieb:
> Do you have a patch to extend automake? ;)

No, I don't have such a patch right now. It's not difficult to do, but:

> however, /usr/share/aclocal/dirlist.d/* is a SUSE-only thingy

If it's already a SUSE-only thingy, it shouldn't become more SUSE-only,
it should become less SUSE-only.

So just forget my proposal of patching it locally, it has to be
implemented upstream. Until then, it is a very bad idea and there has to
be a different solution.

Btw. the current SuSEconfig.automake solution is not perfect either
because it overwrites the dirlist with the contents of the dirlist.d/*
files. So users are actually already forced to use the SUSE-only
dirlist.d in order to get something into the dirlist! It would be
overwritten otherwise.

Now my idea was, do it entirely without overwriting the dirlist and
entirely not SUSE-only, by just appending the directories to the
existing dirlist in %post and removing it in %postun. And you have
caught me, because it is difficult to do:

- How to avoid adding entries which are already there? Use grep?
- How to handle the situation that GNOME might move from /opt/gnome to /usr?
- How to avoid accidentally removing still needed entries?

Maybe SuSEconfig is not that bad after all ;-)

What about just hard-coding /opt/gnome/share/aclocal into the dirlist,
so that it's in the dirlist even if gnome-filesystem is not installed at
all? Would that work? It looks ugly, but /etc/ld.so.conf has the same,
it also references directories that might not exist at all on certain
installations.

Andreas Hanke