I've thought a bit about how to structure - and name - the directories
for openSUSE 10.2 and like to get your feedback and suggestions for
improvement.

Goals
=====

My goals with the restructuring are:
* Clear naming - no misunderstandings
* Smaller repositories for faster metadata download
* structure should be usable for 10.3 Alphas und final again

Separate trees
==============

We have several ftp trees (for 10.1: OSS and Non-OSS) and I propose to
make smaller repositories for faster download of metadata:

* OSS (factory)
* NON-OSS (factory-extra)
* Debug (factory-debug)
* Sources for OSS
* Sources for NON-OSS

Naming
======
* let's use "repository" instead of catalog, inst-source etc.

FTP Structure
=============

".../distribution/openSUSE-10.2" has the following subdirectories:
* isos
* repositories

"isos" directory has the following subdirectories:
* dvd - the DVD5
* deltas
* non-oss
* oss
* torrents

"repositories" sdirectory has the following subdirectories:
* debug
* non-oss
* oss
* source-non-oss - just sources
* source-oss - just sources

Does this make sense?  Do you have better ideas?

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.suse.de/~aj/