Hi,

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006, Hugo Costelha wrote:

> It seems wuite intuitive to me. I also prefer longer names, if they are
> easier
> to remember and much easier to get some sense out of them, which I think is
> the case here.

It does not take longer time to get a sense for a shorter word.
But directory listings have a chance to be readable and submitting URLs
has a chance not to get broken if the path names are short.

the length of

/pub/opensuse/distribution/openSUSE-10.2/repositories/source-non-oss/

already is really crazy and a pain for everyone who needs to spell or
type it - a full line already, and still missing protocol prefix,
hostname, arch suffix and filename.

/pub/suse/i386/9.3/ was a good path naming and length.

Cheers -e
--
Eberhard Moenkeberg ([EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED])