I have plans (and features) to enhance the firewall module in 10.3 but
it would be nice to hear what exactly users need.

Could you, please, give me more information? You can also send me a
patch then :) ;)

Yes - I would like to have ability to do *traffic limiting* - IP
tables already supports that and I think it could be done at the GUI
level (in Yast). the only problem is that iptables limits IP packets
(they are variable size), and I would like to be able to limit with
"bytes-per-second" criteria. Is that doable?

I would like to be able to configure lmits for both upload & download
rates. Also I think that Firewall module is the correct place to do
that.

This is needed when working in LAN environment, with single shared
Internet connection,  so that you won't steal all the Internet
bandwidth from your parents/friends/colleagues. (At Home/LAN
party/Work). Unfortunately, not all Routers can do that.