On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 09:29:19AM +0100, jdd wrote:
> houghi a écrit :
>
> >Basicaly what people of those projects can do is first use makeSUSEdvd to
> >get all the files and RPMs
>
> the first problem is not making the dvd (thanks to your
> work) but choosing what to have on it :-)

Yes. When looking at the different projects, you see basicaly two
directions. One for a 'small' version, be it on low end machines or small
in size. The other is the education part.

Perhaps it is wise to look at where these projects are similar and
concentrate them. Having 5 projects doing almost the same by 5 different
people comes to nothing. Having one project by the same 5 people will
allow coninuety over a longer period of time.

> with 10.1, saving the current rpm state of a distro was
> tricky, I hope this is no more the case with 10.2 (but I
> didn't test this)

Yes, you can now easily make your own patterns. The only thing you now
need to do is work out these patterns and think of a way of de-selecting
all RPMs that are NOT selected by the patterens.

Once you have established that step, making your specific ersonalized
distribution is extremely easy. So what we need is a way to see what
pattern will need what RPMs and then deduct what RPMs are not needed, or
am I dreaming now?
--
At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer you will
find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on