On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Carlos E. R. wrote:
> The Thursday 2006-12-07 at 20:13 -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
>
> > > I don't know if ares2c is capable of a similar thing, but I had thought
> > > the metalink file included torrents as well.
> >
> > Apparently not  :^(, I'm uploading at nearly the same rate as the
> > torrent download, but I am seeding  :^)
>
> ares2c destroyed my download. It finished with a checksum error, then it
> destroyed the downloaded file. I'm not using it again :-/

Did you use the guru rpm's?  I did not have any problems with them.  I
download all iso with them, torrent, and ftp.  They all worked.  I wanted
to make sure all methods worked.  I had a high of 600 K on my friends
cable modem.  Average was 350-400 K.  My own DSL is 1.5/1.0 M down/up.  I
get max of 130 K on it.

I know I should have only done it once, but I had to make sure they all
worked.  Sorry for the added conjestion.  I have now installed it on 14
machines.  The slowest was 60 MHz with 128 MB, 750 MB swap.  I am
currently running it on a PIII 667 MHz with 128 MB 750 swap.  I used the
network text mode install.  This is by far the best 10.x release.  An is
the fastest.  I do have to tame beagle by stoping it, moving the init
file, set it up to run when I am not using the machine, by moving it back
and starting it and running it.

Thanks for GREAT RELEASE.

--
Boyd Gerber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
ZENEZ   1042 East Fort Union #135, Midvale Utah  84047