On Fri 19 Jan 2007 02:38:32 NZDT +1300, Jan Kupec wrote:

> > For 1., a minimal YaST or zypper would be essential, I agree.
>
> installed size of libzypp + zypper is cca 7.2 MB

I see this as essential. A system so small that I can't conveniently
install more software is no good to me. When I need to resolve
dependencies manually because there's only rpm, it's on the other side
of useful.

The daemons' chroots are so minimal, it's only a few files, no point
"installing a system" for. If it's slightly bigger it approaches fast a
system which would run on actual hardware, and that needs to be
maintained, and as importantly kept uptodate. Chroot or not, I don't see
how that can work without zypp.

Volker

--
Volker Kuhlmann                 is list0570 with the domain in header
http://volker.dnsalias.net/     Please do not CC list postings to me.