On 5/2/07, Peter Czanik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

CyberOrg wrote:
> I have been trying to get LTSP 5 working on SUSE lately and the very
> initial test packages are up.
This is great news. I have just one 'little' problem. It's based on
kiwi, and I could not find a trace, that other arch than x86 would be
supported.

I guess all the archs openSUSE supports wil work with kiwi.

Did anybody test it on other architectures, like on PowerPC?
I'm asking it, as booting there is pretty much different, than on a PC,
there is no Xen (yet), bootable CD differs, no pxe-boot, but TFTP, etc.

KIWI uses tftp to pxeboot. Kiwi is used to create the chroot
installation and pxeboot images of SUSE that is used by LTSP clients
to boot

Is there anything a non-programmer could help to get it running on PowerPC?

I am a non programmer and I got it running on x86/64 ;) we now need
programmers or someone who  understands how nbd, ltspfs/d, ltspinfod,
and pulseaudio works to take things forward from here. I'll update the
TODO on http://en.opensuse.org/LTSP shortly.

Here is the machine I would like to see openSuSE - LTSP running on:
http://www.genesippc.com/openclient.php With some tweaking, it works
fine with Ubuntu, but of course, my goal is to get it running with my
favorite Linux: openSUSE :-)

If ubuntu works, I am sure you will find a way to make SUSE to work too.

Cheers

-J