On Sat July 7 2007 13:25, Carlos F Lange wrote:
> On Sat July 7 2007 08:27, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> > TextMaker
> > TeXlive
> >
> > What do you think?

I change my vote. I thought TexLive was in addition to teTex, the usual
Latex package. As Alberto pointed out, there is talk about removing it.

There is no replacement for Latex in terms of scientific text editing.
Many international scientific journals have standard Latex
styles/packages (all of the American Institute of Physics, for example)
and we also have a standard style package for thesis at our university
(Univ. of Alberta). I make all my graduate students and post-docs write
their manuscripts and thesis in Latex and several of my colleagues do
the same. The colleagues that use Windows pay license fee for use of
WinEdt, while we proudly sing the praises of Kyle+built-in Latex in
openSuse.

I think we need a Latex package, such as teTex. Given that (and only in
this case), TexLive would be superfluous.

--
Carlos FL

Who is General Failure, and why is he reading my disk?