On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, Martin Schlander wrote:-

>Den Thursday 19 July 2007 19:46:16 skrev David Bolt:
>> No mention of the normal CD ISOs, nor the alpha5_alpha6 delta ISOs,
>> being released. Are there plans to create and release the normal CD
>> ISOs?
>
>See the transscript of yesterday's status meeting:
>
>http://en.opensuse.org/Meetings/Status_Meeting_2007-07-18/transcript#St
>atus_Distribution

There was a status meeting yesterday? I didn't see any mention of that
in announce otherwise I'd have tried to be there. However. After reading
the transcript, it does explain things a bit. I do have a feeling that
there are going to be quite a few people that weren't there to say
they'd like the CDs that will miss them, especially those that
downloaded the alpha5 CDs[0], and I include myself in that group.

[0] Purely out of curiosity, I know it's difficult to check how much had
been transferred via FTP or HTTP, without making a little more work for
the maintainers of the mirrors, but did anyone look to see just how much
they had been downloaded over bittorrent? I can see that I've seeded
almost 28GB, and there are likely to be others that have seeded much
more than I have.

Regards,
        David Bolt

--
Member of Team Acorn checking nodes at 100 Mnodes/s: www.distributed.net
RISC OS 3.11 | SUSE 10.0 32bit | SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit