On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, Stephan Kulow wrote:-

>I'm sure there are people having used them. But we feel that one CD installs
>are more useful to more people. I guess having to throw away the CDs and not
>having deltas available is a big hit, but you seem to have no bandwidth
>problems :)

For uploads, I have no known limit, apart from the maximum outbound
bandwidth, and I'd have probably seeded more if I hadn't restricted it
to 10KB/s.

However, in common with almost all UK ISPs, my downloads are
"capped"[0]. My ISP is actually pretty generous and allow a download of
60GB per rolling 30 day period before they restricted the download rate
to little more than dial-up speeds. Other UK users aren't going to be
quite so lucky.

The only change this will make for me is to remove the need for further
development of makeSUSEdvd, since there's almost no need for it any
more[1].

[0] They don't call it a cap, preferring to hide it under "fair usage"
terms allowing them to claim they provide an unlimited service. Anyway,
that's all beside the point, and totally OT, so I'll shut up about that
now before I start ranting.

[1] It's still going to be useful to add extra packages/patterns and
remove unwanted (non-OSS?) packages/patterns, as well as adding extra,
third party, repositories.

Regards,
        David Bolt

--
Member of Team Acorn checking nodes at 100 Mnodes/s: www.distributed.net
RISC OS 3.11 | SUSE 10.0 32bit | SUSE 10.1 32bit | openSUSE 10.2 32bit