> Right. And after all, this is only GNOME and everybody reasonable uses
> KDE anyways (because it has much less bugs, for example) :P

I don't agree. We had already a buggy GNOME, to the limit of being
unusable, on 10.2. I would like not to see that again in 10.3.

> To be serious, I'm working myself in project management of a software
> project (which is even shipped with openSUSE), and there will probably
> always be an impressive list of bugs left in any release. As long as
> those are things one can live with, it's probably even OK.

I wrote about critical and blockers.

> Reporting bugs back to the upstream project is a vital step, and we in
> the projects making the software itself sometimes get bitten by that not
> being done - so please everyone who actually sees such problems, go out
> and try forwarding the bugs upstream and comment the upstream bug ID in
> the openSUSE bug, that helps more than complaining here.

Reporting on Novell bugzilla is what is required by openSUSE developers.
Noone never talked of reporting bugs upstream too. If that's the desired
behaviour, it should be clarified.
Moreover, it think it would be easier if this task is done directly by
the developer to whom the bug in Novell bugzilla is assigned. He would
be automatically subscribed to the bug report made upstream, and he is
surely able to provide more complete information.

Regards,
Alberto