jdd schreef:
> M9. wrote:
>

> default openSUSE install are usually quite defensives and allow little
> open ports and little running servers (I'm not even sure that sshd is
> running by default)

No it is not..

> so what is the server you fear to be broken?

I wish i knew..

>> Offcourse there has to be a change to change something.
>> In this case i did not change a thing.
>> Why should i?
>> It worked, and i never change something that does its job well..
>>

> however no firewall and certainly not on Linux can change by itself :-),

That is what i thought..

> so something must have been done, evidently accidentally :-).

Indeed, but not by me, and there is no-one else that uses this pc...

> what you could do is:
>
> * backup the /etc/sysconfig folder (it's small , do a complete backup of
> it)
> * do "SuSEfirewall2 stop" to stop the firewall
> * remove the /etc/sysconfig/SuSEfirewall2
> * in yast, force the reinstall of the firewall, like this you should
> recover the default config file
>
> hope this works
> jdd

Yep, sounds sane, i can try that ;-)
I will let you know..

- --

Have a nice day,

M9.               Now, is the only time that exists.

  OS:  Linux 2.6.22.5-10-default x86_64
  Huidige gebruiker:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Systeem:  openSUSE 10.3 (X86-64) Beta3
  KDE:  3.5.7 "release 58"