* Igor Jagec <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [Sep 25. 2007 13:49]:
> > Throttle is not on the list yet. Can you provide a use-case
> > for it ?
>
> You meant on something like that:
>
> # zypper update --limit-rate=80k
> # zypper update --throttle=80k

No, I meant a description why and when such an option would
be useful.

> BTW it would be very nice if you make man pages for zypp.conf file. I
> gues we can "tweak" it :)

/etc/zypp/zypp.conf has extensive documentation. A man page should be
created nevertheless, I agree.

> I have another question about Zypper, do you have any plan to include
> Rollback support? Or at least support for some rpm transacrion set, such
> as noscripts, notriggers, nodocs, test, repackage... Rollback is a nice
> feature and I use it on my Fedora 7 machines.

Yes, this is planned.

However, the term 'rollback' has quite different meanings depending on
whom you talk to. As we support a wide range of architectures with our
SUSE Linux software, rollback for e.g. zSeries (IBM s/390) users means
'bit identical' reversion to a previous state. Thats rather hard to
achieve with rpm.

Klaus

---