El Martes, 25 de Septiembre de 2007 13:56:22 Klaus Kaempf escribió:

> > You meant on something like that:
> >
> > # zypper update --limit-rate=80k
> > # zypper update --throttle=80k
>
> No, I meant a description why and when such an option would
> be useful.

It will be great too the possibility of freshen an update server (physical or
virtual) in our local network without consuming all the bandwidth, allowing
to reuse downloaded files in several boxes / several times.

Thus we could test new updates in a virtual machine and, if everything works
as espected, then apply the changes to the real system without to download
them again.

Of course, this implies we need to keep downloaded files, wich I don't know if
it's possible actually with zypper (is it?)

Regards.
Miquel.