El Miércoles, 26 de Septiembre de 2007 10:36:27 Stanislav Visnovsky escribió:

> In which occasions?

occasion 3:
===========

zypper downloads a package, applies it and then goes for next package.

It means our box can be in a inconsistent state until update is finised (even
hours).

With apt (or smart) all packages are first downloaded and they will be
installed only when all required packages are downloaded, wich will shorten
dramatically this time.

Additionally, if conection is down during update proces, never knows what will
happen with zypper (may be our box will be in a inconsistent state until
conection is available again).

With apt/smart this problem doesn't exist. Instead interrubted download will
be resumed for saving our time.

I am wrong?

Miquel.