Miquel A. Noguera wrote:
> El Miércoles, 26 de Septiembre de 2007 12:58:44 Stanislav Visnovsky escribió:
>
>>> With apt, all I have to do is edit /etc/apt/apt.conf and add problematic
>>> packages to de "Hold" line.
>>>
>>> Do zypper provide a similar function?
>> Would /etc/zypp/locks help? See 'man zypper'.
>
> Oh, probably yes. I looked it before, but for shure I did not pay sufficient
> attention to LOOKS section.
>
> So, I must put one indidual line for each package to retain (wilcards
> accepted. For example kernel-bigsmp-2.6.22.5-29 or just kernel-bigsmp*)
> Right?
# Nope, it goes like this:
kernel-bigsmp
# or
kernel-bigsmp*
# if you want to avoid installing/updating/removing all versions of
# kernel-bigsmp or packages matching kernel-bigsmp*

# or the folloving if you want avoid installing/updating/removing
# a specific version of it
kernel-bigsmp > x.x.x.x

> Is it handled in any way from yast2?

I don't think so.