> In my passed life I owned a business where I used filepro+ or profile+
> It was highly customizable.  I am looking for a current Office Ledger
> (double entry) software package for Linux.  Does anyone know of one that
> interfaces with sql light, mysql or postgres?  It will used for US tax
> records

Linux Canada has a pretty powerful open source package Called Quasar
for business accounting and it also has a pretty slick POS component
as well.  It's funded by purchased support contracts like most open
source software companies do.

http://www.linuxcanada.com/index.shtml

I poked through the FAQ, and they state they have a US version.

I haven't used it in a real business setup, but when I last tried it
out, I have to say I was quite impressed with it.

Be sure to let Linux Canada know if you like it.  The more feedback
these companies get, the more likely they are to continue making
serious Linux applications.

C.