Il 24/09/2013 16:41, Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger ha scritto:
> On Mit, 2013-09-25 at 01:05 +0530, Atri wrote:
>> Hi Marco!
>> Could you please try the following and see if it works for you?
>>
>> sudo mv \
>> /usr/lib64/vlc/plugins/codec/libfluidsynth_plugin.so \
>> /usr/lib64/vlc/plugins/codec/libfluidsynth_plugin.so.back
>>
>> If you have a 32bit system, then use /usr/lib/vlc instead
>> of /usr/lib64/vlc in the above.
>>
>> If vlc starts after this (in GNOME), it might be useful also to lock the
>> vlc packages to the present installed versions using zypper al, e.g.
>> sudo zypper al vlc-noX
>> etc.
>
> if THIS is the cause, then an update to the latest VLC packages in
> Factory / 13.1 and VLC repository should solve it as well (this plugin
> has been disabled)
>

> Dominique

Hi Dominique,

Fine, I will try the suggestion sent by Atri and I will update through
this mailing list with the result.

[OffTopic]
I was giving a look to new  GNOME 3.10 and GNOME Tweak Tool 3.10

http://www.johnstowers.co.nz/blog/2013/09/24/tweak-tool-310/

Looks interesting! Do you know more details about new power management
features?

Do we finally get feautures for our laptops under Gnome as a real
working hibernation and acoustic alarm in case of low battery?

[/OffTopic]

Cheers,

--
Marco Calistri (amdturion)
opensuse 12.3 (Dartmouth) 64 bit - Kernel 3.7.10-1.16-desktop Gnome 3.8.3