Hi all,

 Some days ago on the IRC it poped out that I would be writing a small
article for openSUSE Build Service.
 In the past days I've took the opportunity to take a closer look into
OBS from a scope that isn't mine, the one from a developer/packager.

 I've signed up for the opensuse-buildservice list, picked a cool
soundtrack (Moderat/Aparat/Paul Kalkbrenner), and two packages.

 notify-osd > a replacement for notification-daemon[1], and to make it
more interesting picked up leolik patch[2] alongside, which has been
criticized hard by Mark Shuttleworth. This patch allows the bubble of
notify-osd to be customized by the user, functionality that Shuttleworth
doesn't want out off the box in Ubuntu. A good candidate for all the
other distro's, lets make the difference ;)

 notifyconf[3] > A small tool to customize notify-osd written in Qt (go
figure that out).

 I've struggled, squeeled, but also conquered and the packages in my
home repo[4].

 I'm going to pick a cool project and then try to make them through to
openSUSE:Contrib. During all this process I've been taking notes,
gimping for help here and there and checking out the problems usually
people have and making notes of the documents people point to me.

 Once I've finished the process, getting my packages approved or not
into the repo, I'll start scribing the article (I would assume depending
on answering times this would take 1 or 2 days more).

 So here's the deal:

 * Andreas, want to be my wingman on this? I am aware you have in your
possession some interviews to be processed. We can use them. I would
also need a small talk over IRC if possible (10/20 minutes) so I know
how you want to present OBS, to whom you want it to be appealing to, and
pretty much the stuff you want to promote. For the 'new user' experience
I'll base it on my own adventure. Also any interesting information you
can provide would be great.

 * Marketing Team, is it possible that we create a simple Marketing
Banner/Badge, whatever to create a wiki template for Marketing articles?
(flag the article, print the article and inform the readers our
Marketing is alive and kickin').

 * Artwork Team, could you provide such banner?

 * Wiki Team, could we have such template? I would also like to know
what would be the best place to file this article on the current wiki
structure.

 * Editorial Powers, need someone to review it later, and to make it
more english friendly.

 I have really no schedule for this (only proves that I'm a poor
marketeer), but I would point for a final release soon before the
conference (as it can be used in the conference).

 I'm running some extra qualitative research also through some
interviews with current packagers/contributors to get some more material
to support some claims.

 PiratePad coming soon.

 Nelson