A survey was shown with some interesting results about the effects of
tweeting.
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/TECH/social.media/10/12/wired.tweets.ignored/index.html?hpt=T2

Of particular interest is the part where they talk about any tweets past
one hour largely go unnoticed.  THis is an important point for us to
consider as we tweet and talk about events in openSUSE.   I've always
said in the past its not a good idea for everyone to tweet all at once.
Its better to spread out your tweets and try to target specific
timezones when you know your followers are most likely to see what you
have posted.

This is known as attention-deficit marketing and its a very real and
ever-increasing phenomenon in marketing where if you don't have a
person's attention at the exact moment that you are conveying your
message, you can pretty much say goodbye to your time and effort on that
moment.

Tweeting remains an important tool for us, but it becomes ever more
clearer that we need strategic and plentiful tweets.

Bryen