Graham,

 We shared different opinions in the past, but I think we speak the same
language in this case. I've noticed a "OpenOffice.org Migration and
training Consultant." on your signature, so eventually I assume that you
know that for most people openoffice isn't really about code or project
management, but about other issue, the tool provided

 I wrote it probably in a very raw and superficial way. I don't knwo the
structure of the openoffice community neither their inner problems. I
honestly don't care, but I do care about the success of a free office
suit that can provide good contents. OpenOffice did it, at least for
Portuguese the Dictionary and Thesaurus (which were community
contributions) were far superior than any comercial product I know out
there. This part of the community, probably agnostic to code, is loosing
with such fork. That's the concerning part, alongside with an image that
took a long time to build.

 I'm sure Libre and Open Office have already a batallion of people far
smarter than I do to sort this things out. I hope so. Trully do.

 How's your time Graham? You are native english speaker, which is nice,
and since your field is marketing as well, would be interested in
working a marketing article along with me on the subject and submit it
to the "Journal of Marketing"? It's a long shot to get it approved, but
we could try :)

 nelson