Jos,

How we can use a Portuguese translation? It's something I can provide on
a blink, though I would love that Carlos Ribeiro could take a look into
it.
Just create a wiki page, or whatever suits you, I'll make it happen with
48 hours tops.

For distribution, I am not aware of much channels in Portugal, most is
dead. I can do some ninja posting on some foruns. There's ANSOL
(http://www.ansol.org) which I would prefer you to contact, they are
pretty much the only channel.

In Brazil, I'm not sure, but Carlos pretty much owns his way around, I'm
sure it can help him as well :)

I would probably suggest if we could ask people which are present in
other projects, for example GNOME to blog a bit about it. By the way
awesome job on kde.org :).

 nm