On Fri, Dec 31, 2010 at 5:18 AM, jdd <j...@dodin.org> wrote:
> I knew openSUSE is not devoted to complete newbies, however... I
> wonder is we should not rethink completely part of our messages to fit
> people that uses webphones and mp3 readers, but do considere computer
> exactly like cars... not knowing any technical langage.
>
> If a people don't know what a laptop is, she may not understand at all
> what is a windows manager or a live cd...

I don't think that kind of users (new ones) need to know what a window
managers are or what is the exact difference between gnome-terminal or
konsole or whatever in the very beginning of the experience as long as
they are happy with GNOME/KDE/etc. What I want to express is that if
our lovely distro is solid to perform anything they are expecting,
only with time and practice the new users will learn and understand
the details.

Besides, we have docs showing very interesting points of openSUSE ;)
(doc.opensuse.org)

> May be we should speak of "internet access cd, openSUSE version" or
> "Word processing openSUSE version", I don't really know :-)

Not sure about that. Like openoffice, pidgin, etc are opensuse-branded
but in the end if the user then is forced to use another distro he/she
will have almost the same pidgin or openorrice, or xyz pretty
identical software behaviour, and we already promote the apps we've
got in no technical language! :D

Bests

--
Ricardo Varas Santana
openSUSE Member, Ambassador, and Translator.