On Sat, 2011-03-26 at 11:31 -0700, James Mason wrote:
> I don't know how cheap is cheap, USB thumb drives, preloaded with the
> Live images, would be an awesome takeaway.
>
> There are tons of options out there, but a few shops like usb007.com
> offer a basic thumb drive w/ screen printing at $4.99/unit . I'm in
> the process of getting a more firm quote, and a description.
>
> - James Mason 'bear454'

That's still pretty pricey. :-(

T-shirts, USB sticks, even geekos and penguins, are all very pricey
things and restricts our ability to give out to more people.  We have to
be judicious in who we give items to.  And that's always a difficult
decision, as sooo many people want them and you just don't want to say
no.  :-)

If you figure about 40-50% of total attendance giveaway at any event,
the costs can spiral very quickly.

We should be looking for things in the $1-$2 range.  That doesn't really
give us many options though, I know.

The trick is to find something that people will actually want, rather
than cheap junk.  Buttons are a nice idea, people can reuse them.  Do
people actually care about them?  (up for discussion I guess.)
Removable geeko tattoos are also a cool idea and much cheaper.  But
they're one-time use items.  Good idea?  Probably not.

It's not going to be that easy to come up with some nice goodies at a
cheap price.  I have been researching about once or twice a week for the
past 2-3 months and still have not found something overwhelming that we
just gotta have it at that price!   But I'm sure with all our minds put
together, we'll come up with something uber-cool and well worth the
costs.

Bryen