From: Ricardo Chung <amon0.tho...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, May 10, 2011 at 5:44 PM
Subject: Re: [opensuse-project] Can we get on this
To: opensuse-proj...@opensuse.org

On Tuesday, May 10, 2011 7:36:32 AM Kostas Koudaras wrote:
> 2011/5/6 Per Jessen <p...@opensuse.org>:
> > Dimstar / Dominique Leuenberger wrote:
> >> On Fri, 2011-05-06 at 18:26 +0200, Per Jessen wrote:
> > http://www.geek.com/articles/games/game-developer-david-braben-creates-a-
> > usb-stick-pc-for-25-2011055/

> >> As it ships pre-installed I doubt we need a full fledged yast around
> >> this to get an installer running. It's rather 'fixed' hardware, so a
> >> simple dd before shipping the sticks might very well be worth it.
> >
> > Good point.  The question (perhaps) is, how do those ARMs perform?  I
> > have some 5-6 year old laptops with 1.5GHz Celerons and 512Mb RAM -
> > with 10.x, they were still a very capable work platform, but with 11.4,
> > they're much too slow.
>
> What about if we install 11.1 or 11.4 with Enlightement?
> we could try and experiment on it, I have some people that would like
> to try it and see if it's possible, I will send an e-mail to see if I
> can buy one or two so that we can experiment on that.

Maybe you could try with http://sites.google.com/site/petitelinux/download
wich is based on openSUSE 11.4 with Enlightenment.

Petite Linux is an openSUSE build, created using susestudio.com, featuring the
Enlightenment (e17) Desktop Environment

Features:
   Fits on a (live) cd, just insert the cd, reboot, try it out
   No need for choices, it works as-is
   No clutter, just functionality

--
Ricardo Chung | openSUSE Linux  Ambassador
Panama

openSUSE 11.4 | KDE 4.6.00 release 6 |
Mesa 3D-Nouveau Gallium 7.10 video drivers

Regards
Manu Gupta