On Wednesday 18 May 2011 17:05:59 Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> For those among us (esp our ambassadors) who frequently talk to people
> about openSUSE, I have drafted up three elevator pitches for respectively
> beginner, advanced and pro linux users to explain to them why THEY should
> check out openSUSE.
>
> The pitches can be found on http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Why_openSUSE
> and I'd be very happy with improvements. In case they are obvious, please
> just edit the wiki (that's what it is for) to make sure we don't end up in
> huge discussions about minor details* ;-)

At LinuxTag I was challenged by a user to say 'why openSUSE over Kubuntu?' and
had a think about a better answer than 'our KDE is better'.  The answer I gave
him was that openSUSE is a project which plays nicer with its neighbours, so
by using and contributing to openSUSE you are benefitting Free Software
generally, not just Ubuntu.  Is that a fair answer?  Do should we include such
comparisons in our elevator pitches?

Will

--
Will Stephenson, KDE Developer, openSUSE Boosters Team
(AG Nürnberg)