2011/5/19 Helen South <helen.so...@opensuse.org>:
> On Thu, May 19, 2011 at 5:15 AM, Will Stephenson <wstephen...@suse.de> wrote:
>
>> At LinuxTag I was challenged by a user to say 'why openSUSE over Kubuntu?'
>> and
>> had a think about a better answer than 'our KDE is better'.  The answer I
>> gave
>> him was that openSUSE is a project which plays nicer with its neighbours, so
>> by using and contributing to openSUSE you are benefitting Free Software
>> generally, not just Ubuntu.  Is that a fair answer?  Do should we include
>> such
>> comparisons in our elevator pitches?

I don't know if is a fair answer but I think is a great answer ;-)

>> Will
>
> That's a great answer and reminds me of when Jos pointed out that the
> word 'Linux' doesn't get a mention on the Ubuntu website.
>
> Though having said that, I'm never keen to disparage other distros,
> for a bunch of reasons that I won't ramble on about here. I usually
> prefer to focus on our positives without using comparison.

+1 on not making comparisons with others

> How about adding something like 'openSUSE Gives Back' with a comment
> about contributing upstream?

I think we could use that next to 'More than a Product'

> In a way the actual giving-back stuff tends to get a bit muddled up
> with general 'community' so a separate section in the 'more details'
> might be worthwhile. Possibly those sections could do with a little
> organizing, I'll try to take a look tomorrow if I get my work done.
>
> cheers
>
> Helen
>

> --
> IRC: helen_au
> helen.so...@opensuse.org
> helensouth.com
> --

Generally the elevator peaches got many peoples attention and
basically gives the skeleton structure any ambassador need for a
speach about openSUSE, another great tool we must streghten the more
we can.
Kostas

--
http://opensuse.gr