Hey,

On 01.12.2011 00:07, Richard Brown wrote:

> I'm volunteering to co-ordinate an openSUSE stand at FOSDEM this February

Cool :)

> Even if you're not coming this year, I especially welcome advice and
> guidance from FOSDEM veterans. What worked in previous years?

* Bring the Touchsmarts, people like to grope things.
* Bring 12.1 DVDs, stickers and folders, people like to snatch things.
* Bring Beer and T-Shirts, sell them for 1€ and give the proceeds to
  the university. They will love you. (Pascal knows whom to give it to)
* Have 2 guys, you can rely on at any time, to be on the booth. People
  like to wander off into the awesome program. One minute it might seem
  that you have a gazillion people on the booth and the next one it's
  deserted because RMS speaks.
* Try as hard as possible to avoid that people leave their shit on
  the booth. The corridors are narrow, the boths are small, there are
  more and more people each year. If they all leave their Jackets,
  laptops and bags on your booth there is no room to operate anymore.

> what do I need to know?

* You get two tables and a couple of chairs in a windy corridor
* It's friggn cold and drafty
* Don't try to plan anything, it's chaotic.
* Have Pascals number on speed dial. He's the man.
* Get drunk as early as possible :-)

> what do I need to avoid?

* Belgian "Beer". At any cost.

Henne