On 06.12.2011 17:48, Gregory Zysk wrote:
On 12/04/2011 02:53 PM, Manu Gupta wrote:
Hi All,

I think its the perfect oppurtunity for everyone to start working on
openSUSE Magazine.  We all have been interested but the idea got lost
somewhere since none of us had enough time.

One of the results of GCI was design for the magazine. While printing
of the magazine maybe very expensive. I think we can create this
magazine for inviting new sponsors to the project and also for the
upcoming openSUSE Conference.  So printing a few 100 copies and
sending it across should not matter but thats upto Jos to decide.

Please have a look at the design, I will soon set up it in the artwork
repo for openSUSE and if somebody can do that for me, it will be great
as I have bandwidth and speed limitations as of now. Patches are
always welcome :)
http://www.google-melange.com/gci/task/view/google/gci2011/7174228

Thanks a lot.

I am sorry, but I have to interject on this. Manu, I have seen you do
this times before and it is really bad taste. This is not your
initiative, but N.B. Prashanth's and Stella's idea, which was initiated
at the Marketing Hackfest in Nuremberg after the oSC. I know because I
was in the original list of correspondence for this initiative and also
have been tracking it since I believe Prashanth's idea was a very good
and unique.

If there is anything that needs to be changed in this project more than
anything it is the killing of initiatives by certain members of this
community, only to use it later to their own benefit. So, Manu you have
absolutely no right to take credit for this as it is not your idea.

I would request that this matter be looked into by the election
committee and all others to verify that the candidates are campaigning
on their own merits rather than trying to steal ideas to make themselves
look better.

Sincerely,

Gregory

Sorry, but I don´t get it? Why Manu is doing wrong? He just let us know about the progress of the magazine. And, quite frankly, there´s a credit file in the GCI-project, and I don´t doubt that there wouldn´t be the names of Prashanth and Stella in the end.

So, this mail might some kind of "election´s paranoia" or another non-discovered disease ;-)

                        --kdl

--
Kim Leyendecker, openSUSE Wiki Team
GPG Key: 664265369547B825 | leyendec...@opensuse.org