On Wed, Feb 15, 2012 at 8:47 PM, Bryen M Yunashko <susero...@bryen.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 20:00 +0100, Bruno Friedmann wrote:
>> To achieve somewhat our effort to consolidate communication, you certainly
>> remember the fact that we want to merge some of
>> mailing lists.
>>
>> I've seen a lot of cross-posting between here and project, and most of our
>> actions need also more people involved.
>> Beside the fact that will avoid cross-posting, and so minimize the number of
>> replicated messages you & I can receive and then
>> need to read/archive/reply/delete and so free some of our precious time.
>>
>> I would propose then that when we need a specific topic for our workgroup we
>> just add
>> [marketing] tag on the subject line.
>>
>> So I open a poll on connect to know what we want to do
>> http://goo.gl/9hcYp
>>
>> Please vote before 1st March
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>>
>> Bruno Friedmann
>
> While I'm one of those who agrees we need to consolidate more of our
> lists, I am only in favor of merging similar-functioning.  That is, I
> favor the merge of ambassador + marketing.
>
> I am not in favor of merging marketing with project.  While there are
> times when some topics do overlap, in general, the definition of project
> and marketing are different and -project is much more related to the
> governance of openSUSE Project.
>
> Excessive consolidation will create too much noise, imo, and turn people
> off.
>
> Furthermore, you are posing this question to the marketing list only.
> If we are proposing to "move into another house", then shouldn't this
> question also be asked to the -project mailing list?  Its only fair that
> they be asked too.
>
> Another thing, don't rely that people will follow a prefix-rule like
> "Ambassador: <subject-line>."   It will never be consistent.
>
> And one final thing, some lists, and I believe -marketing is one of
> them, allow for people to send emails even if they are not subscribed.
> There are good reasons for that depending on the list's function.  (I
> know artwork and news@ does this.)  If we move to -project, do we
> re-define how people can send mails to -project too?
>
> Again, I agree with merging ambassador + marketing.  I don't agree with
> marketing + project.  That will be more harm than good.
>
> My two cents,
> Bryen M Yunashko
> openSUSE Project
>

> --

Bryen

I agree with you

Ambassador + Marketing that make the most sense.

--
Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

(678) 636-9678
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
Community Manager -- Southeast Linux Foundation (SELF)
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Studio a try. www.susestudio.com.
See you at Southeast Linux Fest, June 8-10, 2012 in Charlotte, NC.
www.southeastlinuxfest.org