Bryen M Yunashko wrote:
> Looking at www.opensuse.org, I realize we are really not keeping up to
> date.
>
> openSUSE 12.2 is coming in just less than a couple of weeks.  Yet
> there's nothing boasting about it on the website.  It is still on 12.1.
> We need to replace the artwork (which is actually run by Countdown) and
> we need to change the text.

Since Pascal who usually takes care of that seems to be unavailable I took the
liberty to copy the 12.1 graphics, changed them to 12.2 and asked darix to
deploy them. So the countdown is running now.

http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:12.2 where the link is pointing to atm
could still use some polishing though.

> Also, we are not promoting openSUSE Conference and openSUSE Summit.  I
> propose we make two small thin banners across the top horizontal and
> side by side (each clickable to appropriate website) above the current
> graphics.

If anyone wants to create a countdown for that too, please have a look at the
svg files here for reference:
https://github.com/openSUSE/countdown.o.o

cu
Ludwig