On Sat, 2012-08-25 at 17:33 -0500, Rajko wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Aug 2012 09:56:34 -0500
> Bryen M Yunashko <susero...@bryen.com> wrote:
>
> > 12.1 All Green is now outdated.  :-)
>
> Concept that advertise single release was always a bit short on
> information that visitors look for.
>
> In time after release when new one can have rough edges there is no
> notion that one can have previous one, so it is possible to install
> openSUSE even when latest and greatest still doesn't cover their needs.
>
> In time before new version is released it doesn't give people
> opportunity to learn about RC, which should be almost as usable as
> release.
>
> Not to mention that Factory has not even few pixels of a screen
> space, while build service has a lot. How that two are connected is
> clear to openSUSE-user-since-2005, but we probably want more of
> seen-it-today-and-like-it users.
>
> (I had recently reminder to open my new-user eyes when looking our
> infrastructure. This is one of those moments.)

I get what you're saying but I'm not sure how it pertains to the very
immediate need we have for getting this up to date.  With about 11 days
left, we really need the landing page to conribute to the momentum.
We've got momentum going in other places of the Project except on the
very first page that visitors come to.   This has to be resolved
quickly.

Luckily the countdown was resolved quickly, even if new artwork needs to
be made for it.

Maybe Jos can step in and get the blurb done for the landing page.

But we also need the banners proclaiming Summit and Conference.  Heavy
advertisement is needed for the remaining weeks left for those two
events as well, and both events will surely be important for 12.2
introductions.

Bryen