Hi Dougm

> Gesendet: Dienstag, 25. August 2020 um 12:17 Uhr
> Von: "ddemaio" <ddem...@suse.de>
> An: "openSUSE Marketing" <opensuse-marketing@opensuse.org>, "Lubos Kocman"
> <lubos.koc...@suse.com>
> Betreff: [opensuse-marketing] Contributor's recognition in the openSUSE
> Project
>
> Hi all,
> With the feedback we received from the retrospective of openSUSE Leap
> 15.2, there were groups that received a lot of praise for their efforts.
> Some of us felt that it would be good to recognize those efforts.

That is true!
>We've
> thought about possibly having some sort of format to acknowledge their
> contributions that could lead to some sort of microservice site to
> provide personalized recognition. Understandably, this can be quite
> difficult with the GDPR, opting into a service and the fact that many
> people don't do what they do for the recognition, but rather for the
> love of doing it. Lubos and I would certainly like to gain some
> feedback, ideas and thoughts from people regarding this topic. We've
> thought about some tool that could integrate with OBS or Linkedin with
> the recognition. Thoughts were something that would use either a Github
> account or theĀ  idp portal we migrated to recently.
>
> Looking forward to any insight or thoughts!
>
> v/r
> Doug
> --

You can use LinkedIn. They have got a feature for congratulations in groups.
The problem is, that not every openSUSE Contributor is part of the LinkedIn
network.
Making that public on a website is more easy. You have to recognize the GDPR
rules then.
You are not allowed to use special names of Members for recogition. But you can
specify our groups inside of the community.
That is something we have done on news.opensuse.org in the past, too.

Best regards,
Sarah