Stanislav Brabec wrote:
[...]
> In most packages, %install is used to install and add files somewhere.
> Removals here means very non-standard operation, which means "I don't
> want this file, installed by upstream". It is either bug work-around
> (removal of obsolete scrollkeeper cache file), tools work-around
> (obsolete libtool and .a files) or deliberate feature stripping (e. g.
> removing broken files).
>
> If it is not any of them, it's most probably bug.

So, is  it a bug of a package to remove uncompressed manpages, because
upstream installs uncompressed as well as compressed manpages into the
system?

I can give you several more examples in packages, which you call "most
probably a bug": e.g. installation of KDE .desktop files, which is
done by macro in our distribution, but not from upstream.

Sure, we can comment those. But it's just about removing of
unneccessary files.

Regards,
        Klaus.
--