Hi,

I notice, for example,

-rw-r--r-- 1 455 5200   66727 Sep 22 00:02 libelf0-devel-0.8.9-17.i586.rpm

while I agree with the new naming scheme (libelf0), I do not for -devel
packages that cannot reasonably be installed alongside each other.
Think of libelf0-devel and libelf1-devel which both provided a file with
the same path. Without starting religious issues, would not it be better
to just continue on naming such devel packages libelf-devel, without a
number, like Debian? That would also reduce newly Obsoletes: tags,
because now, a libelf1-devel would need an Obsoletes/Conflicts:
libelf0-devel, and that's not really helping.

In cases where -devel packages can be coinstalled (imagine libxml2 and a
fictious libxml3 with /usr/include/libxml2 and /usr/include/libxml3,
respectively), the number should be kept of course.

Just a suggestion, it's too late for 10.3 anyway.