On Mon, Jul 17, 2006 at 01:45:32PM +0200, jdd wrote:
> Rajko M wrote:
>
> >In this case problem was that it was personal page, for any other I will
> >remove links without thinking a second. The way it is done tells that
> >this guy has experience with posting such rubbish to wikies. He posted
> >where it will hold the longest, until we discuss the matter.
> >

> things may even be worst. Once deleted, the text is not
> really deleted but archived (see history).
>

> I don't know for sure if the robots can index the oldest
> pages (I hope they can't).
>
> only the site admin can delete entirely the page (or the
> history) and this is not trivial AFAIK.

So we come back to what I posted earlier. If you feel there is abuse on a
personal page, you inform the webmaster and he should decide what should
happen.

I could put the source of libdvdcss on my page. That would most likely be
removed.
I could link to spamsites, should that bve removed?
I could link to porn sites. How about those? What about linking to my own
site? What if my linking to my personal website is only to get my rankings
up?

For a personal page, I would prefere it to be inpossible for others to
edit it andhave the sysadmin, a comity, the abuse department or some other
official(s) decide what should be doe if a complaint comes in for a
personal website.

For that to be working, there should be rules of what is and what is not
allowed on these *personal* pages.
--
houghi

 If God doesn't destroy Hollywood Boulevard, he owes Sodom and
 Gomorrah an apology.