Frank Sundermeyer wrote:
Hi,

two weeks ago I promised to get more involved into the front page discussion. In order to have something to start with, I made a proposal that tries to bring the suggestions mentioned at
http://en.opensuse.org/Frontpage_redesign/List_of_Proposal_Pages
together:

Splash screen for www.opensuse.org:
http://www.suse.de/~fs/opensuse/splash.html

why not :-)

Home page for en.opensuse.org:
http://www.suse.de/~fs/opensuse/home.html

this I really don't like. too many things on the same page

Home page:
I picked up jdd's suggestion to simplify the navigation. The top navigation now is entirely dedicated to one topic - "Participation" in my proposal.

I think it's a bas idea to cut the links the user need in two part. Most user will simply miss one of the two ones. The top list should be moved to the sidebar.

each part of the page shoul have it's own goal. one for linking to other wikis, one to link to the wiki internals, one for the news and one for catching immediately the eyes (center?)

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net
http://lucien.dodin.net