Monday 10 Oct 2005 12:00 samaye Randall R Schulz alekhiit:

> I think what Pascal meant is of all the strengths and weaknesses of SuSE
> Linux, its relatively small user community is a significant weakness.

Hmm. I thought second to Red Hat SUSE was the most widespread distribution?
Aren't RH, SUSE and Debian the big three in the Linux world?

And possibly the one reason for RH being more spread out than SUSE is that RH
is based in the US where there are possibly many many more companies,
especially those relating to computers, than in Europe? [If I've got my
figures mixed up please don't hit me on the head too harsh! :)]

Anyway, how exactly do we know that SUSE has a relatively smaller user
community? You concede that you don't have numbers, and neither do I. But
until such stats are available, we can neither claim that SUSE has a small or
large user base. Isn't that right?

> You may or may not know that Pascal spends considerable time making
> available the latest and greatest in RPMs for versions of SuSE He's the
> person behind Guru's RPM Site:

Wow! I didn't know that. I've never even seen this site before. Looks great,
however!

> Pascal is certainly not slamming the user community his own actions
> serve so well.

Of course not. I was just curious as to what the exact reason is that Pascal
said what he said.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~>