On Mon, 2006-01-30 at 19:12 +0530, Shriramana Sharma wrote:
> Monday, 30 January 2006 18:43 samaye, Corne Beerse alekhiit:
>
> > For your information, VMWare is there to remove your hardware depenency.
> > VMware offers their own virtual hardware and they provide upwards
> > compatibility. Which is relative easy in a software environment. A
> > VMWare guest always gets the same type of hardware, regardless on what
> > physical hardware it runs.
>
> Apparently this is why I do not see my hard disk partitions when I run the
> VMWare virtual SUSE. Is there any work around?

Work around for what? VMware is a virtual (fake, make believe, phoney)
machine that is completely separate from the "real" hardware VMware runs
on. Do you have another PC at home? And can you see the hardware of the
first PC from the second PC? Since the "host" PC is running and using
the hardware, as far as partitions go, you cannot mount them using in
VMware as well. Two PC's cannot mount and use the same partition at the
same time. Therefore there is nothing to work around except your logic.
Also this would be best asked on the suse-linux-e list. This list is for
problems resulting from testing the beta/alpha versions of opensuse.

--
Ken Schneider
UNIX  since 1989, linux since 1994, SuSE  since 1998