Azerion <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I did not like H either after he flamed a newbie. BUT as you can read in
> multiple mail-conversations he is not that bad. He had good questions in the
> IRC-meeting (hey, I missed *you*), he does post his mind and so it may be a
> bit better if you stay relax, dont start that war and if you do not like H.

I repeat: this has nothing to do with personal feelings! Houghi's work for the
opensuse community is appreciated. However, there are people like me who
can't sit in front of a MUA the whole day to watch the opensuse mailing list.
When you return home in the evening and download your emails, there are
mainly two names you can read. It's just annoying when 3/4 of those email
are then useless and can be safely deleted without loosing any information...
I read many other mailing lists as well and, therefore, I think that
communication
must be efficient, especially on a high-traffic mailing list, and it makes no
sense
to reply to emails if everything is already said or if the answer does not
really
match the original email, etc. So, don't give a false colour! If people reply
to my
emails without referring to what I've really written and they try to prove that
I am
wrong, then - of course- I will complain about that behaviour. This is not how a
discussion should work! And if I get in addition answers like "sorry to be
alive"
(this time it was via PM), it just shows again how "serious" some of the emails
and replys are. I don't respond to something like that, I just ignore it, it's
a waste
of time... And it's now time to close this thread. Sorry that I've tried to
explain
(despite of the fact that it's a bit OT) while the old brand name SuSE is still
often
used - I thought it's quite obvious, and I know that many people do it every day
with all kinds of brand names... Well, I won't give any more explanations on
this
mailing list.

Cheers, Th.