On Mon, Mar 27, 2006 at 11:06:09AM +0200, Juergen Weigert wrote:
> > That can be timeconsuming as it also contains things like:
> >     634  Other License(s), see package
> >     162  distributable
> >      28  Unknown
> >      25  Contact author, Other License(s), see package
> >       6  Contact author, Restricted Shareware
> >       3  Contact author
> >       2  Unknown, Other License(s), see package
> >       2  Other License(s), see package, Unknown
> >

> This is an unfortunate limitation of our package database.
> It can only distinguish a limited set of hardcoded licenses.
> All the rest shows up as the above.

There is a total of 90+ licences, so how high is that limit?

> > So that is nearly thousand that you need to explore one by one.
>
> Hey, that is about half the distribution, isn't it?
> Please file me a bugzilla for that.

What should I enter in that bug? I have just done a pin with some grep and
awk and for all I know it does not give the correct output.

I use the ARCHIVES.gz from the FTP site, so things are double. e,g, it
also has i386 and PPC and debug in it. When I compare to the ARCHIVES.gz
that comes with the distro, I still have a total of about 150 undefined
licences.

Again, I have no idea what I should put in a bug-report as I have no
insight in how SUSE/Novell looks at how what packages are included.

houghi
und Arbeit,  und das Sein wichtiger als das Tun
                                        - Johannes Müller-Elmau